Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Recap of Weekend


So it was pretty quiet around here this weekend. Maddie left for a birthday party in Utah with Grandma Bonnie. It was so weird not having her around and Ashlyn was so bored with no one to play with. The only thing we did was go to the CSN Planetarium and Observatory and watch the movies they have about planets. It was so interesting and kind of creepy in a way. I didn't realize how far into space they could see with their telescopes. When we were done watching the presentation we got to go outside and look through a big telescope at Jupiter and it's 3 moons! The man said that when you looked and saw the moon closest to Jupiter we were actually seeing it the way it looked 100 years ago! It was really interesting and I think we are going to go back when there is a full moon! I sat there after looking at Jupiter through the telescope and I can't believe that there are people that think all these planets were created basically by accident and not some supreme being. All I could think was how it reaffirmed for me that there is a God and how beautiful his creations are.

1 comment:

J.R. and Tammy said...

That sounds like fun. JR's family used to star gaze a lot. I bet He would like to go there!