Thursday, September 25, 2008

Balloonapalooza!








The other weekend we decided to take the girls to Balloonapalooza with our friends Justin and Kensi. It has alot of carnival games, rides, and a band. They usually have hot air balloons that you can get a ride in, but they had to take them down because of the wind so we didn't even get to see them. Seems like the bad economy is taking it's toll on the carnies! Last year they gave a prize to every little kid even if they didn't win the games and this year they couldn't afford to do it. We paid $5.oo for Maddie to play one game that said "play till you win". It was a dart game that you threw and popped a balloon. Aaron thought it would take her a while to pop one and she would have fun. Well guess what happened. She popped one on the first try and that was it. After that I decided that I was going to open my own pop a balloon booth. I'll be a millionaire by the end of the night! One carnie lady was pissed off at her boss for not giving away toys to the little kids so she gave Madison 2 goldfishes for free. Madison named them Curly and Scooby. Don't ask me where she got those names from. I didn't have a gold fish bowl to put them in so they were in my big measuring cup. Gross I know, but that was all I could find. Don't worry I won't use it again. It was still alot of fun and they had an awesome fireworks show at the end. Ashlyn was mesmorized and wouldn't take her eyes off them.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh just wash it in the dishwasher and it will be as good as new!
I am so glad I didn't' go this year...I would have been bummed if I dragged the family down there and there were no balloons to look at!

J.R. and Tammy said...

OH,oh,oh! I almost saw your new house! I need to come and visit, I miss you guys so much! As soon as things look better for us I will be coming! PS I HATE FISH! FLush em while you have a chance! If you let them get too big they won't go down as easy!

Graham said...

I hate them also now.I told Aaron it's just one more thing I have to clean poop up from!Much to my surprise though they are still alive.

Bryan and Candice said...

hey you dont know me but i went to school with Aaron. Aaron and my husband were good friends.i just wanted to tell you your little girls are so cute... and tell aaron Bryan and candice said HI!!