Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Junk to Jewel


I love to shop at thrift stores & yard sales! I love to find things that are plain or maybe junk to some people and turn them into something else. Whether it is furniture that needs refinished or just something that I can make into home decor. I have a ton of projects that I have already done and this is just one of them. I found this cabinet door at DI (Deseret Industries). I sanded it a little bit, glued some wood accents purchased from Michaels, painted it with tole(sp?) paint and made it into home decor. It was really easy and cheap. The total including materials came to just under $5.00!

3 comments:

Rachael said...

I appreciate when people have an eye for things. Sarah and I were just talking about how some people can look at something and see what they can do with it. It is a talent! Great job Gina!
And BTW....it looks great!

J.R. and Tammy said...

Cool. I didn't know you made that! I can't wait to come and visit you again and go to goodwill.

Scottie and Tasha said...

Gina it seems like forever since high school and the good 'ole days in yearbook! I'd love to invite you to my blog but it's private. Send me an email at scottandtasha@gmail.com and I'll invite you!

Your family is darling and you're creative as ever!