Monday, December 28, 2009

Playing in the Snow

We have lived here in Vegas now for almost 7 years and have never made it up to Mt. Charleston when there was snow on it. This year I decided my little "city" girls needed to go play in the snow. I think it might have been Ashlyn's first time, but Madison has played in the snow at Grandma Julie's before. It was so much fun, but we didn't expect to see so much snow and we didn't even bring a sled! We improvised and Madison still got to slide down the hill, but next time we will be better prepared. They had so much fun and before Ashlyn fell asleep that night she said in a really sleepy voice "Mommy, thanks for coming to the snow with me". It was so cute. They even had sleigh rides up there with big Clydesdale horses so we might do that next time too. It was nice to drive only 40 minutes and be in snow and then drive home to dry roads and warmer weather.

7 comments:

McKensi and Justin said...

Did you just slide down on levi's or do I see something green Aaron is sliding down on? Why didn't you sled down...don't think it's cool to slide down with a big belly or what? We went up Huntington canyon the other day and a guy was snowboarding down while holding his 5 month old kid...freakin idiots. Wow this is a long comment...and I love kiya's shirt.

Scottie and Tasha said...

That's my kind of snow- love it and leave it :)

Looks like you had a great Christmas and I saw your baby countdown- it's getting so close good luck!!

Graham said...

They had a couple of layers on under their jeans. We found a blanket in the trunk! lol that is the green thing.

Sarah said...

The first time we went to Mt. Charleston we were ill prepared. My kids ended up sledding down on garbage sacks. Now we finally have sleds.

njkilfoyle said...

looks like you had a good christmas. fun you got to play in the snow. I dont miss it though lol. cant believe you got 28 days to go. CRAZY!!! Hope all is well, let me know how it goes.:)

J.R. and Tammy said...

So next year we need to plan to be together so that all of our SEVEN! girls can have christmas morning together. That would be so fun! And loud, but oh well! Can't wait to see what you name your baby! Love and miss ya! How about KATE?

Anonymous said...

SO FUN! Make me want to go sledding pronto.
We missed you at Christmas! Hope you are feeling well. Give the girls a hug from me :)