Friday, March 27, 2009

I LOVE free stuff!

If anyone knows me I love to get things for a bargain. I love to find things at thrift stores and make them look nice or turn them into something else. About a week ago I was delivering invitations and I saw this swinging outside bench sitting for the trash guys to take. It just needed a little wood glue, some screws tightened, and either painted or stained. So I loaded it up and took it home(Aaron about dies when I do this but one man's trash is another man's treasure right?) Well today I looked on Craigslist and found a warehouse that was getting rid of furniture for free! So Aaron was nice enough to take me down there to look at it. I found this adorable dresser that I know I can make look so cute and put in my girls room. I also found this coffee table. It has the glass missing but Aaron and I are going to try to fix it. The coffee table was 5.00 but the dresser was free! I love new projects and I am so excited to sand and paint that new dresser. The green dresser that is below my TV I got for 5.00 from some guy that was selling stuff at a sort of yard sale. He was in a parking lot but it looked like a yard sale to me! It was really ugly, but I painted it with one of those antique kits from Michaels and now I LOVE it. I will post more pictures when I finish fixing all of them.

4 comments:

bloodfamily said...

Can't wait to see the finished projects. I am not good at finding bargains, but Bart sure is...

Rachael said...

WOW!!!! I am impressed! Good hunting!

Sarah said...

I love, love, love that green dresser. I also love a bargain and have brought many pieces of "trash" home myself.

J.R. and Tammy said...

Dad says to make a template out of paper the size of the openings in the coffee table and a glass shop could easily make you the inserts. Not sure on the cost? A lot cheaper than a new coffee table I'm sure!