Saturday, May 22, 2010

Roos N More

It is almost Madison's Birthday and this year instead of having big parties we decided to let the girls pick a fun place to go as a family. Ashlyn picked Chuck E Cheese which, even though it grosses me out, was still fun. Recently I saw that someone from our ward had gone to this zoo called Roos N More in Moapa, NV. So I asked Madison if she wanted to do that for her birthday. There is only a few times a month that they are open to the public so we had to go this weekend. First let me tell you that I have always wanted to hold a Capuchin monkey and FINALLY today I got to do that and more! It was so much fun! It is a smaller zoo, but so well kept. You get to go on an hour long tour which takes you to see all their animals and you get to hold and pet almost all of them. My favorite is still the monkeys, but it was still fun holding the baby kangaroos.

The Capuchin monkey climbed onto me and hugged me so tight and then started licking my neck!!! It was hilarious, but it was the sweetest monkey. All the kids and people were gathered around my stroller to look at it when it decided to take a nap on the top.

4 comments:

J.R. and Tammy said...

Looks Fun! Monkeys freak me out though! I probably would have screamed if I was being licked by one. BTW I was looking at my old movies today and found the one of your prom. It's funny! Aaron comes in Mom and Dad's house and is soooo shy! I will some day get that put on a disc for you so you can watch it and laugh. Love and miss ya!

Graham said...

I have a vhs copy of it and it is pretty hilarious! His face is so red! I used to have the original video to my wedding but it got lost somehow. You should really hold a monkey though. I thought I woulb be scared but they are very sweet.

Sarah said...

I had never heard of this place, but in the last week have heard of 3 different people talking about it! It looks like so much fun, and I can't wait to go.

njkilfoyle said...

Looks like fun!! Cant wait to take my girl out and do fun stuff like that. Your girls are getting so big. What cuties!!!