Friday, November 13, 2009

My "Paycheck"


Today was a pretty good day. My sister had her baby, a beautiful baby girl named Ruby Lynn and I got my "paycheck" for the week. Tonight after I finished tucking Madison in to go to bed she said, " You don't have to do that you know, I can do it myself" and I answered while giving her a kiss on the cheek "I know, but I like to do it." She kissed me back and then said "I know because that is how you get your paycheck" "Because you just got it huh". Now to explain the "paycheck". Earlier in the week Madison was being really rude to me so I tried to explain to her why it bothered me so bad. I told her that my job was to take care of her, Ashlyn, and Daddy by cooking and cleaning and everything else we mothers do and that I don't get an actual paycheck like Daddy does. I told her my paycheck was love.
Being a mom is hard sometimes, but the "pay" is pretty good.

6 comments:

Melissa Summers said...

I love those "paychecks". You never run out of "money" with a paycheck like that. Too cute. Love the picture of your girls.

McKensi and Justin said...

I just love your girls. Oh how I miss them.

Rachael said...

LOVE IT!!!!!! That is great! What a sweet thing to say to you!

Jossie said...

That is a great explanation of what being a mom is :-) So cute!

Sarah said...

How adorable! And how sweet and smart of Madison to put it so perfectly.

TIA EVANS said...

That is too cute. They are such adorable little girls