Wednesday, August 6, 2008






I haven't actually caught a fish in a long time and when I lived at home that is all I would do. When I was old enough to drive myself up the canyon by my house I went every chance I got. I would hurry home after school, grab my pole, and head for the river. It was so relaxing to me and so peaceful up there. Now that I am older and have children of my own I can't believe my mom & dad let me do that all by myself. Where we lived though was a very very small town and nothing bad ever happened. So that story being told, I begged my dad to take us so Madison could catch a fish. It was beautiful up there and we caught 3 pretty nice fish and yes one was mine! The tragic thing though is that Madison was reeling a fish in and it was HUGE so big that when it got close to the shore it snapped the line! She cried and I felt like crying right along with her because that was the biggest fish I've ever seen up that canyon. She recovered quickly, but I still have nightmares about the one that got away.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

So funny to know that about you. I had no idea you were a fisherman! Too bad she didn't catch it!